Visa entry requirements for Travel to Belize
Travelers must have a valid passport and an onward plane ticket for a 30-day Visitor’s Visa to be issued. Prior to expiration, an extension of the Visitor’s Visa can be obtained at any of the district Immigration Offices, for a fee of US$25.00 per month, after 6 months for a fee of US$50.00 per month. Citizens from the U.S.A., British Commonwealth (except India), Mexico, CARICOM, Costa Rica, Chile, Guatemala, Iceland, Norway, South Africa, Switzerland, Tunisia, Uruguay, or nationals of a member state of the European Union do not require a visa. Kindly contact the nearest Belizean embassy, mission or consulate for information on countries that require and do not require a visa.
Any Belizean Embassy or Consulate can issue a visa at the cost of US$50.00 for single entry valid for 3 months or US$100.00 for multiple entries valid up to twelve months. If there is no Belizean Embassy or Consulate in your country, one can still be obtained through the nearest British Embassy or High Commission.
Nationals of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of US$100.00, in addition to an Entry Permit (Visa) which costs US$2,000.00. For nationals of India, Nepal, Thailand and Burma the application fee is US$250.00
Since visa requirements are subject to change, please contact the Belize Embassy or Consulate in your area.
An individual can apply for permanent residence after a legal presence in Belize for a minimum of one (1) year. During that period, you cannot leave the country for more than fourteen (14) days. Application fees range from US$500.00 to US$5,000 depending on the nationality of the applicant and will be paid upon approval. Permanent Residency Status application forms may be purchased at the Angelus Press Ltd., a stationery store with two outlets in Belize City and one in the City of Belmopan.
To acquire citizenship, applicants must be a permanent resident and have been a resident for a minimum of five (5) years, in accordance with the Belize Nationality Act of 1981. There is also a provision for the registration of minor children along with the applicant.
Applicants by virtue of Belize descent are required to fill out Section 4 and 5 of the application forms. Applicants with a Belizean spouse are required to fill out Form G application form. Application forms may be purchased at the Angelus Press.
Applications for Permanent Residence or Citizenship are to be accompanied by:
- Completed application form
- Proof of identification and nationality of applicant (translated as required)
- Birth Certificate
- Three recent passport size photographs of self
- Recent Police record form
- Country of origin
- Certificate of Health including HIV and VDRL tests for applicant
- Evidence of period of continuous legal residence for one/five years
- Police record and identification of reference (i.e. passport, birth certificate, voter’s ID)
- Inclusion of spouse: Item 2-7 are to be submitted in support if included in application
- In case applicants is married to a Belizean
- Marriage certificate
- Wife’s/husband’s birth certificate
- Spouse’s certificate of nationality (as applicable)
- Recent Local Bank Statement or otherwise where means of financial support is not indicated.
- Temporary employment permit if applicant wishes to engage in gainful employment
- Renunciation Form (as applicable)